- Water level is between 4 and 12 inches above the finished floor level
- Flood duration is short, no prolonged exposure to water or contaminants
- Base cabinets of particleboard or medium-density fiberboard need to be replaced
- Repaint to match upper cabinets in kitchen
- Wood and plywood base cabinets may need cleaning, sanitizing, and some repairs at cabinet base
At higher levels of flooding, there may be greater impacts to cabinets and countertops, and this may increase the damage level to the 25% to 50% range. In this case, there may be significant damage to lower cabinets. If only the lower cabinets are damaged but the owner prefers to replace upper cabinets as well, it irrelevant for the cabinet damage entered into the SDE tool.
There may also be some damage to counters or wall cabinets, depending on the type of event and the damage source.