Operational Period Briefing: Agenda
The Operational Period Briefing is facilitated by the Planning Section Chief and follows a set agenda. A typical briefing includes the following:
- The Planning Section Chief reviews the agenda and facilitates the briefing.
- The Incident Commander or Planning Section Chief presents incident objectives or confirms existing objectives.
- The Planning Section (Situation Unit Leader) provides information on the current situation.
- The current Operations Section Chief provides current assessment and accomplishments.
- The on-coming Operations Section Chief covers the work assignments and staffing of Divisions and Groups for the upcoming operational period.
- The Logistics Section Chief provides updates on transportation, communications, and supplies.
- The Finance/Administration Section Chief provides any fiscal updates.
- The Public Information Officer provides information on public information issues.
- The Liaison Officer briefs any interagency information.